"Keep hitting them doubles"
UK Darts Forum
Welcome to your new forum

More Categories to view when you Register

Registration is FREE

Thank you

"Keep hitting them doubles"
UK Darts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Darts Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elbow out of line?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stev0

Stev0

Elbow out of line? Empty
PostSubject: Elbow out of line?   Elbow out of line? EmptyMon 25 Jan - 22:47

I have recently began playing darts competitively in one of the local leagues and so far been doing pretty well, but in trying to improve my game I have managed to convince myself that because my elbow kicks out around 6-8” from underneath my dart I cant improve further without bringing it inline?

Have you got any suggestions or idea on this topic? From what I can gather so far from various sources keeping it in line helps with a more consistent throw.

I have been trying to straighten it up a little but we have always had a board up in the house so this has developed naturally over many years and when I do straighten it up the dart points away from my target, goes no where near and feels nearly physically impossible!

I am just a little bit worried that in trying to improve the consistency of my throw I run the risk of totally destroying my game Sad

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
jabba

jabba

Elbow out of line? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow out of line?   Elbow out of line? EmptyWed 10 Feb - 13:33

Rather than tweaking your arm too much, maybe you could look at how you grip the dart to give more accuracy? As long as you have the dirction right then your arm probably isn't an issue. Increase practise routines and try different ways of practise, maybe you will see an improvement pretty soon. Practise is important but you have to want to practise so its always best to keep it fresh.

Hope this helps.

All the best

Jabba.
Back to top Go down
dartitis

dartitis

Elbow out of line? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow out of line?   Elbow out of line? EmptySun 23 Oct - 1:29

that's golfers elbow . I have the same problem this can lead to dartitis. I would go and see a sports therapist to get the elbow examined .
Back to top Go down
m32268

m32268

Elbow out of line? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow out of line?   Elbow out of line? EmptySat 21 Jan - 0:52

Try contacting the Darts performance centre. Ask if they would mind you submitting a video for advice.
This group usually has membership fees to enable certain things. But they allowed me to send in a video, purely because of the extreme nature of my issue. (I broke a vertebrae in my neck and have some nerve damage in my throwing arm)

When you ask them, tell them DEX suggested you enquire.

Heres the website addy
http://www.dartsperformancecentre.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elbow out of line? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow out of line?   Elbow out of line? Empty

Back to top Go down

Elbow out of line?
Page 1 of 1