"Keep hitting them doubles"
UK Darts Forum
Welcome to your new forum

More Categories to view when you Register

Registration is FREE

Thank you

"Keep hitting them doubles"
UK Darts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Darts Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WDDA Latest News.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wazza

Wazza

WDDA Latest News. Empty
PostSubject: WDDA Latest News.   WDDA Latest News. EmptyTue 8 Jan - 10:38

WDDA latest:

WDF Approves Lowered Board Height for Wheelchair Players

Founder and President of WDDA Russ Strobel spent October in the UK. Russ, the successful campaigner for a lowered board height in Australia and designer of the unique Wildfire 137 Dart Frame headed back to his homeland for a few weeks, but anyone who knows Russ would realise his trip to the UK was not likely to be a holiday, in fact his time there was anything but relaxing as he took his push for greater inclusion of wheelchair players to the World Darts Federation (WDF).

"There wasn't time to get over jet-lag, it was a matter of going from Manchester Airport straight to the workshop to begin construction. A recent design change to an all aluminium frame has been made to make shipping overseas more affordable and easier to transport. I ordered aluminium to be cut and delivered prior to my arrival and some components such as (low-heat) LED lights and Teflon bearings were be packed and taken with me," said Russ

Russ put his case for recognition of lowered board height for wheelchair players to the WDF Executive prior to the start of the Winmau World Masters in Hull on October 8th.
"Time was tight as I had just seven days to construct a Wildfire 137 Dart Frame for the presentation and for display during the Winmau World Masters but the outcome with the WDF made everything worthwhile.

I was given every courtesy by the Exeuctive of the world's leading darts administrative body. I assembled the frame for display, spoke on the statistics and findings of my campaign, my vision for change and answered some relevent questions before leaving to allow discussion of their final decision. I was delighted to be called back after 30 minutes by Darts Australia President and WDF Vice President Kelvin James and congratulated on the success on my presentation. Kelvin has been one of a number of strong supporters of the changes since my first discussions in 2009 and that he was the one to break the good news to me added to the moment.

Despite the desire to celebrate there was no time to relax as I had a display arranged at the World Masters, then down to the market town of Thame where I had a meeting arranged with a representative of the nearby Stoke Mandeville, the UK's leading Spinal Unit to promote the benefits of the sport for rehabilitation and therapy."

I expected the month to fly by as I had so much to fit in. I met meet with some wheelchair players I have communicated with from Australia and caught up with good friend and supporter Patrick Chaplin and Ian Flack Winmau's Marketing Manager."

There is far more to the story and I will adding more along with some exciting news soon."

Please visit the site:

Wheelchair Darts
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com

WDDA Latest News.
Page 1 of 1