"Keep hitting them doubles"
UK Darts Forum
Welcome to your new forum

More Categories to view when you Register

Registration is FREE

Thank you

"Keep hitting them doubles"
UK Darts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Darts Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question about practice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
m32268

m32268

Question about practice Empty
PostSubject: Question about practice   Question about practice EmptyThu 26 May - 0:30

Jamie, having heard about your disability and how you overcame it to become a major player, I turn to you to ask this question. Please forgive the background to the question, its essential to know, before answering the question.

About 24-25 years ago i broke a vertebrae in my neck. This has caused some damage to the nerves in my shoulder and arm, right side. I also suffer from great pain after practicing, and sometimes without practice. I have to practice in order to get the mindset i need to play at either level that i play- super league and local league.
My practice usually consists of round the clock - bull to bull on doubles, checkouts from 61 up, for a maximum of 1 hour, and then i sometimes play against a computer opponent best of 3 legs, first to 10 sets. This last part i may only complete 2-3 times a week. The rest i try to do at least 4-5 times a week. I also go out 1 night as week with a friend and we play various things on the board and have a few beers.
I also find it difficult to concertrate.

Now the question.
How can i tailor the practice sessions to benefit me, as finishing isnt the strongest part of my game?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Oh the computer opponent is called no1 and is available here- http://www.nakka.com/soft/n01/index_eng.html

I HOPE POSTING THAT LINK ISNT AGAINST THE RULES?
Back to top Go down

Question about practice
Page 1 of 1